A blog about the reality of God's presence, love and involvement in everyday occurrences. This is a record of my journey towards discovery. I often share thoughts on femininity, scripture, motherhood, creativity and ministry.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Wonder

All three of our beautiful offspring are here with us now and there is a major since of completion. I often look at each one of them and wonder about God's vast creativity and my ability to bear them.

Last year was difficult for me considering my illnesses while carrying Estella. I often thought "If I can only get through this year, it will all be worth it." Each day was another under my belt. No one may ever understand the strain on my body and the pain I felt carrying her. I was sick but knew that she was God's plan and it was my blessing to carry her. And I was right. The year is over. She is here and I have recovered. It WAS most definitely worth it all!

God taught me very new concepts of trust and endurance. Two awake surgeries and a lot of pain showed me that God is really worthy of our trust. I had always said it but hadn't needed to put my faith in action until then. There is nothing in the entire world better than being overwhelmed by the presence of God. He was there with me every step of the way. I recently read a blog entitled "Darling Louie" written by a friend. (You can find her link on my page.) She wrote "It's addicting" when attempting to describe these encounters with God. Boy is she right. There is not a better way to put it.

David completed his master's program and I completed my second year of running a photography business. I began Roman's first year of homeschool and my first ever attempt at it. After a ton of reading and referencing others who also homeschool, I feel I am on a good path. I'm following most of the classical curriculum suggestions of the WTM. Although it is more work than I anticipated, I have found it extremely rewarding. I love teaching my boys and am having such a great time spending tons of one on one time with them. I'm learning a lot too!

I ask God where He is taking us this year and I feel like He is saying "That is for me to know and you to find out." I know it will be good and maybe bigger than I realize. But, for the moment it is resting time.

So, I'm not sure what this year holds for our family. Usually we have tons of goals but not necessarily this time. I want to slow down and take in each moment with my sweet children and husband. I don't want to be in a hurry or frustrated because there is too much to do. I want to stop and talk about our dreams. It's our 10 year wedding anniversary soon. I want to have light saber fights in my halls and catch up on all my Disney princesses. I want to trust God and try to never worry. I want to take pictures of some adorable children and families. I want to snuggle with my sister's first born in June. I want to spend a lot of time soaking in the sun on my mom's countryside in KY. More than anything, I want to have a thousand addictive moments with God!

No comments: